SINDEN SEEKS NEW PROMOTER

Welshpool’s Warren Sinden (2-0-1) has cancelled his proposed London debut in December and split from his promoter. Earlier this year, Sinden had signed a ten fight deal with Marcus Anderson-Hitchen’s It’s A Bout Boxing promotional company but the partnership has ended just two fights in to the deal. Sinden said, “I’ve split with It’s About Boxing and Marcus due to ever on going problems between him and my manager Mark Wall. It’s been coming for a while. “My manager has had confirmation by the boxing board that my contract was void due to Marcus losing his licence. There were clauses in my contract that weren’t ever followed anyway, I wasn’t even given a copy of the contract myself.” In June, the 24-year-old ended 19 months of inactivity with Hitchen when he defeat fellow prospect Disney Huni and he then beat southpaw journeyman Rick Boutler in September. He reflected, “The two fights were great, both good shows in fairness to the promotions. But let’s be honest, what show is ever a bad show to a boxing fan? They’re not doing nothing no different or better than anybody else. All I’d say is the Institute (formerly Digbeth Civic Hall, Birmingham) is a great venue.” As the relationship has broken down since then, Sinden stayed in training and he’s determined for his hard work in the gym not to go to waste but he insists he had to cancel his London debut. He said, “How can I work with a promoter who manages to lose his licence and still plan shows banking on the fact he gets it back? I was under four weeks away from the show and still had no tickets or posters and surely these are the small easy tasks a promoter is to do.” The Powys town of Welshpool gives Sinden great support and he has sold 150 tickets for all three of his fights despite the shows being many miles away and he’s thankful to the support he has received in the change of the immediate plans. Sinden said, “I’m hoping to get on a show before Christmas and give my fans a Christmas treat. If it happens then great and if not then I’ll be out in the new year. I’ll leave it down to my manager Mark Wall to sort, he’s the boss. The reaction from the fans has been great. “I’d just like to thank all my supporters for their kind words and reassure them that this is good news and I’m looking forward to being part of a better run promotional company.” Marcus Anderson Hitchen’s promoter’s license with the British Boxing Board of Control was reinstated on Tuesday 12th November but Sinden had decided to end their relationship before then and he’s now seeking a new date and promoter.

Multimag Comments

We love comments
No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Your data will be safe! Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person. Required fields marked as *